Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Happy Reunion

Zula and I arrived in Kenya late Tuesday night.  The next morning, I couldn't wait to get out to the propety to see my guys and all the improvements they made while I was gone.   We arrived and got hugs from everyone!

I was greeting the ladies who showed up to wash clothes.  Jeremy stood by with a big grin on his face as I greeted them.

Next was Shadrack.  He is easily one of the kindest men I know!  He is always respectful, a hard worker, and eager to please.


I never get tired of watching the animals come to the watering troughs.

Jeremy showing me the improvements made to our pit latrine.  A shower and sink were added while I was away.


These animals are headed to the watering troughs.


Zula captured this picture of my guest room -- which was her room for the next two weeks.

This is my dining room and through the door is my kitchen.


My kitchen with a wall of windows!  I love this kitchen.

This is a view of the back of my house while standing in my tiny back yard. 


It was indeed great to be home again.  I've been here for four weeks now and am still trying to settle in.  I do love the feel of my own bed after being away for a year!  As I've always said -- there's no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment