Sunday, December 26, 2010

While I was in the states in October, my sister (Linda), my mom and I drove to Arizona where me met my other sister (Shirley) for some R&R.

In my mom and dad's early years of marriage, they lived in California, while their extended families remained in Oklahoma. When they did manage to drive back to Oklahoma they drove right past the Grand Canyon. Mom always wanted to stop...daddy always said "I don't want to go see a big hole in the ground". So in all those years of marriage mom never had the opportunity to see it.

This trip truly was a trip of a lifetime. With me living in Kenya, Shirley in Arizona, Linda and mom in Oklahoma, getting us all together is a feat. None of us were prepared for the grandeur of the Canyon. Wow! Words just seemed to fail if you tried to describe it.


The signposts along the trail said that at certain spots it was 17 miles across to the other side. Its hard to imagine you can see that far so clearly.


The day was perfect! Beautiful blue skies and soft, puffy clouds.


Mom doesn't normally require a wheelchair, but with the uneven hilly paths, we all agreed it was an easier way to get her from place to place.

Sweet memories were made during that awesome trip with my family. On our drive back to Oklahoma we passed through an area with huge rocks! God is an awesome God. Creation bears witness to His majesty.


No comments:

Post a Comment