Tuesday, August 3, 2010

More than a year ago, the American teen pictured below, Katheen Crow, contacted me in Kenya and asked about helping her with her school project. The "help" she requested was permission to work through my ministry to complete her school project. She elected to collect books to help with a library in a school in Africa. Her request came at a very good time. There is a government primary school near our property that we have wanted to help. I am such a reader I had been thinking about starting a library there, but wasn't sure how to go about it. Kathleen started the process and many others jumped on board.

I decided to make it a broader project and sent out a request to my mailing list for book donations. A Maasai community I work with recently built a small building to house a community library, but they didn't have books. Then another school contacted us about helping them get a library started. My friends and family in America responded big time and I decided to ship a 20' sea container over here loaded with books and other things that can be put to good use in Kenya. My church in Oklahoma sent two vans full of books!


Before we knew it, it was loading day at the warehouse in Texas. How exciting to see these boxes stacking up in the warehouse.

This is the warehouse in Fort Worth that was used as a staging center for collecting all the items to go into the container.

Loading day! Talk about a packed container. These guys worked hard and long on a hot July day in Texas to get this done. Thank you guys for all your hard work!


Loaded and ready to go. Next stop, Mobassa, Kenya! Please pray with us that it gets here on time (September 15), intact, and that the authorities treat it fairly when assessing the cargo. A special thank you to all who made this possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment