Monday, May 27, 2013

Precious faces


I called this post Precious Faces because these wonderful people are so precious to me and I know they are precious in the sight of God.  There isn't much to say as the pictures often tell their own story.  Please enjoy them! 




When I saw this pitiful dress, I realized that something as simple as needle and thread would be very welcome in these villages.  Some wonderful ladies in Poteau, OK put together some "sewing kits" for me to pass out in these villages.



I loved her beads!



Love the smiles!










She wore her best.


This is one of my all-time favorite shots. Her smile is priceless.






I see way too many flies on the faces of these children.  Eye infections are the norm, but all things considered, these children are healthier than you would think.



This grandmother is surrounded by these small children.  Most likely they are her grandchildren, but often they are just other children from the village. 



Bless his dirty little face!




This is inside her house.  See the little "light" hole on that back wall?  They have several of these in the mud and dung walls of their homes.  They stuff rags in them when they want to close them.  






We passed out small suckers.  Wow, were they a hit!



These two young ladies begged me to take their picture.  Soon, according to the Maasai custom, they will be married.








This was taken while we were drilling the borehole (well) in their village last July.  They were so excited.



Please pray for the precious little ones.  They now have fresh water, a good school, and churches.  Their community is developing and changing.  There is hope for a good future for them!




1 comment: