Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Global Outreach International in Tueplo, Mississippi is my mission organization and I am so excited to be part of their team. They are supportive, caring, loving, and encouraging. And unlike many mission organizations, they give each missionary 100% of the donations received. They are an amazing group of people.

They celebrated their 40th anniversary in early November of this year. I had the privilege of being in attendance and participating in their annual conference.

Included in the conference this year was a special exhibition for the school children of the greater Tupelo area. This exhibit was an interactive trip through east Africa featuring Kenya and Uganda. Pictured below is me in my Maasai garb and my very capable helpers, Anna and Will, a brother and sister from Tupelo.

As groups of school children came through the exhibit all day on Wednesday and Thursday, we told the Maasai story over and over, which included the lifestyle, dress, and a few customs. It was an excellent opportunity to expose my ministry to numerous people.

A very talented team of individuals created a mock village with their beautiful artwork. It was very effectively presented and I count it such a privilege to have been invited to participate.

I'm not sure how many students from public, private and home schools toured the exhibit, but some estimates were between 850 and 1,000.
What a wonderful opportunity to share my work and educate so many people about the Maasai culture. Thank you Global for a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment